Fig & Walnut Bread
Chef Marie Tseng
Makes 4 pieces
1. (A) Soak figs in Golden Flower Mei Kuei Lu for at least 2 hours (preferably overnight). Drain figs and cut into small pieces. Set aside.
2. (B) In a big container, mix Blue Jacket Bread Flour, instant yeast, sugar and salt. Add honey, water and olive oil. Mix till the dough is formed.
3. Add chopped walnuts and figs into the dough.
4. Cover the container and leave in room temperature for 1 hr. When small bubbles form, transfer the container to the fridge, where it remains for at least 5 hrs (ideally 10-18 hrs).
5. Afterwards, remove the container and leave in room temperature for another 1 hr.
6. Divide the dough into 4 pieces & mould the dough into your desired shapes. Leave on a parchment paper to proof for 50 mins.
7. Sprinkle some flour on the surface when dough doubles in size. Use a sharp knife to score the surface.
8. Preheat oven and bake at 190°C for 20 mins.
Remove, leave to cool and serve.